Monday, June 5, 2017

Spinach Pesto

I love pesto - fresh basil is a favorite summer plant of mine.  When I don't have enough fresh basil I make spinach pesto.  You can use fresh or frozen spinach, I usually use frozen. I like to make a big batch and freeze half of it - makes about three cups.

  • 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach or 3 cups fresh
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh cloves
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts, no peanuts. I used macadamia, walnut, cashew, and almond
  • 3/4 cups olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup dried basil
Place all in ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, add more olive oil until desired consistency is reached, I make my pesto thick like a paste, adding extra olive oil as I use it.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment