Monday, June 12, 2017

Strawberry Daiquiri Truffles

My home town has an annual Strawberry Festival, I try to make it to this event, sometimes it doesn't work out. This year is one of those years, so instead of strawberry shortcake and strawberry daiquiri, made these little bite sized truffles that combine my two favorite treats.  These whip up quickly and the most time consuming part is shaping the dough into balls.  Recipe makes 26-30 1.25 inch balls. You could mix this by hand, but I recommend using a mixer - let it do all the tough work.


  • 5 tablespoons of butter substitute ( I used Earth Balance)
  • 1/4 cup Svedka Strawberry Colada Vodka 
  • 1 15 ounce package of yellow cake mix ( I used Aldi's Live G Free mix)
  • 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon whipped cream vodka (I used Pinnacle)
  1. In a mixer cream butter substitute, it will cling to side of mixing bowl - that is ok.
  2. Add strawberry vodka and cake mix to mixer, beat to combine. Add red food coloring.  This is the crumbly phase, it tastes amazing but will not hold together well, on to next step.
  3. Add one tablespoon whipped cream vodka, just one.  This is the small amount of extra liquid that will make is a dough - if your dough is not looking crumbly you might not need this.
  4. I used a medium cookie scoop that make 1.25 inch balls - larger than they need to be, one inch is a better size, but oh well. Shape balls on to a plate or wax covered cookie sheet - once the balls are formed, place in freezer to help set the shape, 10 - 20 minutes.  
  5. Once set, place in an air tight container.  These can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months or 2 weeks in refrigerator.  My preference is the freezer. 


I bought both of these, the hand mixer first and after making meringue and hating holding the mixer upgraded to stand mixer. Happiness.

No comments :

Post a Comment